We are a RICS Regulated firm who offer Residential Surveys and Valuations for a number of purposes.
Dan Roskilly (Partner) is an Associate Member of RICS and a RICS Registered Valuer. This means that he is fully qualified to offer the surveying services in the table below. He is also able to offer the valuation services listed beneath the table.
(survey and valuation)
|Describes the construction and condition of the property on the date of the inspection.
|Aims to identify any problems that need urgent attention or are serious.
|Aims to tell you about problems that may be dangerous.
|Aims to show up potential issues and defects, before any transaction takes place.
|Aims to help you decide whether you need extra advice before committing to purchase.
|Aims to enable you to budget for any repairs or restoration.
|Aims to advise you on the amount of ongoing maintenance required in the future.
|Provides a reinstatement cost to help you avoid under- or over-insurance.
|Provides a market valuation.
|Aims to establish how the property is built, what materials are used and how these will perform in the future.
|Aims to describe visible defects, plus exposing potential problems posed by hidden defects.
|Aims to outline the repair options and give you a repair timeline, whilst explaining the consequences of not acting.
|Where practical and agreed, provides an estimate of costs for identified repairs.
|Provide specific comments on energy efficiency.
RDR Estates is a RICS Registered Valuer and so is licensed to offer the following valuation types:
- RICS Red Book Valuation
- This is the over-arching standard for all of the valuation services we offer. A Red Book RICS Valuation is a offered by RDR Estates as our partner is professionally trained and qualified to adhere to Global Standards which contain mandatory rules, best practice guidance and related commentary for all members undertaking asset valuations. The Red Book is issued by RICS as part of their commitment to promote and support high standards in valuation delivery worldwide. These valuations are accepted by government, courts, financial institutions and solicitors as being of a standard that can be depended upon.
- Probate/Inheritance Tax Valuation
- A Probate Value has been obtained in a way acceptable to HMRC for establishing what inheritance tax is due. Market value is often a broader estimate gained by reference to other sales of similar property or possessions. Often the market value is fine and is a true indication of what that item is worth.
- Residential Rental Valuation
- A market rent valuation will provide a professional opinion of rental value for a property taking into consideration a number of factors, including comparing rental rates being paid for similar properties in the same area in the same condition.
- Help to Buy Valuation
- A Help to Buy Valuation is used for assessing the value of a property bought with the help-to-buy scheme. With an independent RICS registered valuer, the valuation is needed when you are looking to repay the Government backed loan, remortgage or sell the property.
- Affordable Sale or Rent Valuation (Section 106 Valuation)
- The Section 106 Agreement attached to your property will normally provide the information you need to sell your house, including; obtaining a valuation, stating the maximum percentage of the market value you are able to advertise and sell your home. It is the norm now that in order to ensure the value of the property is a fair market value that is must be provided by a RICS Registered Valuer.
- Planning Financial Viability Valuation
- The most common uses for financial viability valuations are for development management (including affordable housing, enabling development, land use, Section 106 Agreement planning obligations) and plan making (policy and CIL viability testing).
Other services we offer include:
- Legionella Risk assessments
- Property Inventories / Schedules of Condition
- Building Pathology inspections and reports.
- Polecam Roof Reports
- 360º Photography and Tours